Tuesday, 6 November 2012

How Safe Are We Online???

Yesterday morning I received a rather worrying text message that a direct debit I had scheduled did not take place as my account has been barred... Hmmm... I thought to myself. I then got an alarming text message from my bank to call them as they believe that there has been suspicious activity on my account - Say what?!
 
So I got onto the phone quick smart and contacted the Bank only to discover that early Sunday morning some idiot had been going to town with my card on computer gaming websites! So not me! My card has been cancelled and my job now was to call all of the companies that make direct debits with that particular account and re-organise payment options. Such a pain in the bum!

Most companies were pretty pleasant and quick to deal with but Vodafone... I don't think there are enough naughty words to describe how I feel about dealing with their customer service or lack of! Number one it would help if I could actually understand what was being said and number two it would be helpful if I was transferred to the right departments or hey... what about an apology for transferring me to the wrong bloody department twice!! In the end I had to hang up on them because they put me on hold for over 10 minutes - NOT HAPPY JAN!!! What the hell is going on Vodafone?!

So as I wait for paperwork from the Banks Freud Department to be sent so that I can claim the amount that had been stolen from me, I urge you all to keep a close eye on your accounts and transactions especially coming close to Christmas! Especially if you shop online. Don't dismiss transactions as you overspending - chances are someone else is doing the spending for you!

And to the heartless fool who has happily spent my hard earned cash - Karma is a Bitch so remember that baby!!! It will bite your bum off, chew it up and spit it back out again...


So how do we keep our private information "private" on the net?!

Turns out it's never 100% private, no matter how many times we are assured that it is! All it takes is for these 'Puckers' (place an 'F' where the 'P' is and say the word out aloud) is to find your details, including your card details on any given website that you have entered your information in before and Poof! your cashola is gone! If you purchase online with your credit/debit cards, use Pay Pal and the many forms of social media - Turns out we're all at risk!
 
Do you believe in Karma?

9 comments:

  1. *Gulp*
    Only every other day practically.

    Esp now! I am trying to get all my Christmas shopping sorted without dragging the 2 youngest to the shops with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same! Plus there's bargains to be found online too. I know that crap happens but you never think it'll happen to you.

      Delete
  2. I know, I'm always worried about this too. And OMG Vodafone - you are so right! I know now when I call I just demand to be transferred to Australia, and usually find I end up getting better service that way. VODAFAIL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realise you could do that!! I was going to take my bill down to the shop and demand they fix it up and speak to their own customer service team!

      Thanks for the tip :)

      Delete
  3. Yikes! That's a bit scary!
    Hope you get all your money back with no more problems
    Rach x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rach :) and welcome aboard! I've had a quick scroll over your blog! Gorgeous! I'm running late for work otherwise I'd be peppering you wih comments...

      I should have no trouble getting the money back. It's just time and the hasssle of having to reorganise all of my previous arrangements.

      Have a lovely day...

      Delete
  4. That's so awful - I hope it all sorts out and you get all that was taken back - the little 'Puckers!'

    Big fingers crossed,

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nina :) I've been assured I will but I'm so wary of it all now! I feel like someone has taken chocolate away from me! My chocolate! One hell of an expensive chocolate!

      Delete
  5. We have had a few issues recently and have meant we have had to cancel our credit cards it totally sux

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment...

Sophie xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...