What a week! Or weekend I should say... We welcomed Autumn with a little rain on the side. Lovely sun showers blessed our days, which kept us mostly indoors. You can smell the slight change in weather. I can't wait for winter woollies and wood fires to keep our toes warm. The first part of our week was a little humid due to the mix of rain and sun... Perfect for Raspberry sorbet! I can't believe I discovered this treat at the end of summer! I'll share it with you here soon as I know that some of you are welcoming warmer days on the other side of the world.
Our week was full of cooking and baking, swimming lessons, monitoring our sprouting seeds and a little get-away to The Hunter Valley for me... It was my first time at The Hunter and I fell in love with its surroundings! Unfortunately our weekend was completely rained out so not much adventure was had but I'm definitely planning on going back and very soon too... There was wine, champagne, food and chocolate galore! A weekend in heaven for a group of ladies :)
1. Capturing a sun shower under our maple in the backyard.
2. Sunny made a delicious Meat Pie from scratch with a little help from me.
3. Enjoying the water fountains after swimming lessons.
4. Dairy free Raspberry Sorbet - Too good!
5. Sprouting turnips!
6. Sunny's sprouting flower pot! She checks on them every day and can't wait to pick her flowers...
7. A grass head in much need of his first hair cut!
8. The Hunter Valley - A girls weekend away (NO KIDS)... What can I say - too much good food, too much good wine and some sleepless nights filled with laughter and dancing.
9. Peterson House - What a fabulous concept for glasses - built in straws! Fancy huh!
10. Champagne - A girls best friend!
11. "Life's flat without bubbles"
12. Yes! Chocolate pasta! A little too rich for my liking unfortunately.