I continued to buy fabric. Lots of it! 4 extra large tubs to be exact! Disgraceful yes but I couldn't bare the thought of taking a sharp rotary cutter to them even if they would turn into works of loveliness! It has taken me an entire year to get over my fear of 'making mistakes' and now - today - I have 6 quilts in the works. I can say that I have stopped buying fabric and have started cutting up my stash!
Here's what I've been working on...
1. My hand pieced hexi quilt.
2. A block coloured quilt using Half Square Triangles (HST's) - I'm almost finished the quilt top!
3. My 'One Direction' quilt - I have the border to sew on and then I can show you what I've come up with using the Moda Domestic Bliss Charm Squares.
4. Sunny's quilt - I made this with Moda's Marmalade Layer Cakes. All that's left is to add backing and actually quilt it... I can smell the finish line.
5. A lap quilt using a kit - Nearly done now!
6. My first attempt at strip piecing - This quilt is the first one of the quilt challenge I've set myself.
Six quilts in total. Here's hoping I'll actually finish one this winter!
Now it's your turn to make me feel better about my quilting obsession...
What do you have mountains of in your home? What are your obsessions? Are you the lady who lives in her shoes? Do you have special cabinets filled with ridiculous amounts of 'something'?
Come on... Spill! I mean share... :) After all this is not a place for judgement...
P.S. If you're interested in some quilting eye candy then head over here.