Can you tell we're having a blast! The days are gorgeous and filled with nothin' but sunshine (and a little wind). This week we've enjoyed relaxing at home both doing what we love to do best... Potter in the garden, cook, sew, paint, knit and make a scarecrow called 'Cupcake' of course!
This DIY Scarecrow kit from Bunnings is seriously a box full of fun! Sunny enjoyed making it so much and he, Cupcake, now watches over Sunny's strawberries growing in the garden which the birds like to indulge on from time to time... That is if Sunny's not quick at getting to them first!
As for me I'm up to 5th colour in my knitted blanket and I LOVE IT! I've already bought more yarn to make another blanket as soon as I'm finished this one... What can I say? I'm hooked! Whilst my knitting is left for the evenings, when I'm usually watching The X Factor (I'm so hooked on that show) during the day I'm sewing like a mad woman. This week I made Sunny a gorgeous little summer dress which she lived in for 3 days before I had to hide it in the wash basket. I've even cut out a some material to make me a pair of harem pants similar to the ones that Sunny wore here. In all honesty I'm a little nervous about them and am thinking that they make look better in a heavier and drape-ier crepe material... Perhaps I'll show you and you can be the judge :)
1. Sunny's Golden Book dress.
2. A delicious lasagna for a Tuesday night. You seriously have to try this recipe!
3. Mum's old Corning Ware. I love it!
4. Colourful pots.
5 and 6. An artists at work.
7. DIY Scarecrow.
8. I have a little experiment for this tiny book.
9. A face to scare the crows away.
10. Sunny making her scarecrow.
11. What would a scarecrow be without his flippy, floppy hat!
12. 'Cupcake' the Scarecrow looking after the strawberries.
12. A basket of garden blooms.
13. Time to re-vamp the herb garden.
14. Adding blue...
15. My knitted blanket so far. I'm loving the array of colours!
This week we will venture outside and do some exploring about Sydney I think without being swamped in school holiday crowds.
Do you have any suggestions for Sunny and me?