Sunday, 27 October 2013

:: Stills - This and That...


For the past week I have been so caught up in a spring cleaning attempt. Every room in the house has been turned upside down with winter clothes being packed away or bagged to pass on to those who will wear them next. I don't get many hand-me-downs for Sunny, with her being my only one but that's okay... I kind of like the buying and now the sewing her threads :) I'm in a desperate bid to de-clutter and I'm telling you now - There is a lot to de-clutter! So my answer to that problem these days is to toss or recycle anything I haven't laid eyes or hands on in the past year or so.

I've spent a bit of time in the kitchen, garden and my sewing room if you can't half tell... Baking, planting, chick rearing, knitting, cutting, planning, sewing and stitching. Sunny has been beside me all along :) She made herself a gorgeous bunny set this week from a kit that also came with a tin suitcase to house her little Bunny Sisters, as she named them. They are the sweetest little things I ever did lay eyes on and I'll definitely be stocking up for Christmas presents. Sunny has the idea that she wants to make some of her friends some 'Bunny Sisters' too. I pulled out my bread maker for the first time this week and baked two loaves in one day - I think I may be a little hooked! Nothing beats soft, hot home made bread with butter that just melts all over it even before you get the chance to spread it around evenly... Even if it is a cheaters way of baking bread :)

If we're not cleaning, baking, planting, chick rearing, knitting, cutting, planning, sewing and stitching then you can find us out and about on walks to our local park. The weather has been so lovely that we have taken up going for short walks after dinner. I think this ritual would have to be my most favourite as soon as daylight saving hits. I've been thinking a little about Christmas too, which will be on our doorstep in 8 1/2 weeks time. I've been thinking about presents, decorations for the tree (I want to make some), food, our beach holiday, the New Year and my plans for next year. So much to think about and so much to do! It's a little exciting yet daunting. Time to get a jiggle on and stop procrastinating and start sewing those gifts...

1. Bread - I baked it myself!
2. Rosemary butter (I made that too)... Oh my goodness... Butter never tasted so damn good!
3. Chicken and Leek Rice - A one pot wonder that is definitely going down into my favourites. It's kind of like a fried rice flavour meets a risotto style.
4. A spot of gardening.
5. A herb garden under construction.
6. Afternoon sunlight.
7. Enjoying the gorgeous, sunny outdoors.
8. This little man... (Yes it's a boy!)... is the hardest thing to catch! He zips around the yard at every sound. Sadly he will be going back to the farm as soon as he starts to sing, otherwise we'll be voted off the island!
9. Come on now... Almost done.
10. More strips for this quilt.
11. A corner in my sewing room.
12. A new hat for Sunny. I just realised this week that she has outgrown all of her hats!
13. The most gorgeous little sewing kit for children!
14 & 15. I love watching her little hands at work!
16 & 17. The Bunny Sisters and their suitcase.

Have you begun to think about Christmas yet or are you still trying to 'get over' the last one?

The Beetle Shack

Follow on Bloglovin

21 comments:

  1. Hi, I just love that little sew set. Can I ask where you got that from, My little princess Lauren would love making those.... And the little chicken is growing up soo fast....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Big W! Isn't it the sweetest! There are so many packs there I'm actually tempted to go and buy a few of them :) Sunny pretty much managed this kit on her own.

      Delete
  2. Absolutely drooling over your photos this week Sophie. Have a wonderful week! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely :) Right back at you with having a wonderful week!

      Delete
  3. What a beautifully busy week you've had! And I can vouch for that hat pattern...just lovely. Wishing you a happy and bright week :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good! The hats look so easy to make... I think I may have trouble stopping at one though :)

      Delete
  4. That sewing kit is super cute
    And I'm always inspired by your recipes!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one's a goodie! Trust me... Sunny is a 'choosy' eater and she liked this!

      Delete
  5. Hi Sophie. Your photos are gorgeous. So colourful and full of life. It sounds like you had a lovely week full of beautiful adventures with Sunny. I hope the week ahead is just as good. Can I ask you what book the hat pattern is from. Millie really needs a new hat. She puts her hat on every chance she gets but it's started leaving a red ring around her head. I'd love to make her another. Happy Monday lovely. Melinda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you can ask... It's from the Oliver + S book of Little Things To Sew by Liesel Gibson. I got mine through Fishpond and it's the best book I have bought! So many gorgeous things to make... I highly recommend it!

      Delete
  6. Love the look of that bread. Looks like you've had a very busy & productive week. I've been trying to do a bit of spring cleaning- started with one room & haven't really got any further!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the same here Leanne! I've managed to get rid or pack all of the clothes and now I have 3 huge tubs of sorting to do! I'm in the midst of creating a haven of a bedroom for me and I'm working on Sunny's room too! All the best with your Spring Clean :)

      Delete
  7. SO much beauty to be found here lady! Your bread and butter look amazing!!! And that little chick looks like he is thriving!!! I must say that your daughter takes after you with her crafty ways! Oh and the knitting!! I hope to one day have a pile like that!!! Have a great week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Someone has been super productive and busy! Your bread looks great, as does the rosemary butter. How gorgeous is that little chick.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohh those bunnies in the suitcase are just the cutest.
    The little chick is growing up quickly. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhhh your beautiful pictures just reminded me soooo much of growing up and my home when I was a little girl. I am feeling so nostalgic now - thank you hun :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't you just love it when something can can spark off forgotten memories :)

      Delete
  11. It's taken me the whole week to get to see your stills and oh you make me want to sit at my sewing machine and create. Beautiful photos. I looked at that pattern for the hat I'm just not sure if l can pull it off l have the most amazing apple fabric in mind though. Really interested to try the rice recipe, a great all rounder for the whole family, will let you know how it goes. have a great week :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hat was a little fiddly so you will need some patience for it. I did unpick it a few times only because I didn't read the instructions all the way through! And even now it's still not perfect :)

      Delete
  12. I want that book! Maybe Father Christmas will be kind this year! Love all of these- the best kinds of busy by the looks of it. The bread looks delicious. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness! So much gorgeousness happening at your place! Yummy food, fabric, gardening and crafting. How delightful..
    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment...

Sophie xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...