Monday, 18 November 2013

:: Stills - For Three Weeks Now...


Is it me or is it about this time every year that everyones lives takes on more of a Fast Forward kind of pace?! So many things have been going on here but I've been too tired and lazy to share, so I sit here most nights reading on all that is happening in your lives and then go to bed to fight more battles the next day.

Over the past three weeks we have battled a nasty spell of gastro, Kindergarten orientation (2 down - 1 more to go!), end of year reports, meltdowns over a chick that had to be taken back to the farm, Spring cleaning that has left a massive mess in every single room of the house and throw in sewing a few costumes for a play (8 sets of wings in total), an end of year disco costume, Thank You gifts for teachers and Christmas gifts for those dear to our little hearts!

Phew... One would think that I was kind of busy.

Is it about now that everyone out there starts to dread Christmas and end of year preparations? 
Or is it just me?

Please tell me it's just as crazy at your house too...

I need a nap.

1. Sunday morning craft...
2. Water colours - Ar there any other kinds of colours?
3. Inspired by the Floating House in the movie Up! Does that movie make anyone else cry??? Or am I the only one?!
4. Strawberries galore!
5. Brewing strawberry jam.
6. I'm slightly addicted to quinoa at the moment. It's in every thing I eat!
7. Black Russian tomatoes hang from their vines, still yet to ripen.
8. Cucumbers are also beginning to appear. She found the first one for the year and happily ate it all up!
9. Cucumbers of a different kind - These babies grow to be a meter long!
10. My kind of baking! We've been doing this a lot, baking gluten free loaves that taste much better than store bought loaves. Plus these are vegan - No dairy or eggs.
11. And it tastes utterly delicious!
12. A new canvas that my sister said had my name written all over it! Thank You Gayle :)
13. One completed knitted blanket! I want to add a border and then I'll show it off to you all.
14. Pretty little blooms.

The Beetle Shack

Follow on Bloglovin

15 comments:

  1. Hi there popping in from the beetle shack...............would love to hear about your bread recipe and your quinoa salad....we have been introducing it in our household as well. So far put on chicken as a crunchy topping. I'm looking for a soft bread recipe....great set of pic's for the week. Love the veggie garden, I need to plant seedings as we've eaten everything. Regards Kathy A, Brisbane, Australia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Kathy! I have a few quinoa and bread baking recipes that I'm hoping to share here soon :) I'm still a newbie with quinoa but have been 'Pinning' a fair few ideas. I'm in love with the stuff! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Your garden is looking great!! I think everyone's lives get a little crazy around about now :-) Although I don't get stressed about Christmas - it's supposed to be a celebration not a huge event lol :-)

    Take care if yourself and make sure you get some quiet time into that schedule of yours!!
    Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree with you Sarah :) I don't think it's Christmas itself that has me all stressed about but everything that needs to be done before it. At this very moment I've given myself a break from sewing 6 sets of wings for a Christmas concert. Next I'll be starting a mermaids tail! My poor sewing machine is silently hoping that I would disappear together with the mountain of material I have sitting next to it!

      Delete
  3. OH yes! Everything is moving way too fast!!! And my beans have been passing a nasty virus around to each other for the last month! But on to the gorgeous happenings in your neck of the woods! Your daughters artwork is spectacular! It makes me miss my old art teaching days! That needs to be hung for sure! And your garden is outstanding!!! A very happy week to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sick days are just horrible aren't they! I hope your wee ones are feeling better soon Nicole :) Don't you just love the paintings! Sunny has been working on portraits as part of her teachers gifts... And yes, I'll be showing off her arty talents once she's finished with them! Who doesn't love a good painting session?!

      Delete
  4. Sunny's water colours are beautiful, such vibrant colours.
    Cucumbers fresh from the vine.. delicious. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zara :) The palette itself was from Spotlight and is just gorgeous to work with :) Happy week to you!

      Delete
  5. Please share your bread recipe! I make bread in a bread maker and can never get it right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The one I used up above was actually a pre-mixed one that came in a box but I have a few bread recipes up my sleeve! I'm working on sharing them this week :) Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  6. Wow....things are definitely busy at your house, as they are here! This time of year is definitely hectic with Christmas preparations and end of year celebrations with friends, family, work etc. I hope you are able to find a minute or two just to take it slow and enjoy. Have a lovely week. Melinda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm procrastinating as I type here now :) I can have a proper rest in 4 weeks time when school holidays kick in!

      Delete
  7. Looks like you have been busy! My tomatoes are starting to fruit too...and just what sort of cucumbers are those?! I'm so intrigued...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've had so much rain here over the past few days and those long cucumbers have already doubled in size! We bought the seeds from Diggers.com and they're a Chinese variety that can grow up to a foot long! They look unreal... Here's hoping they taste just as good :) If you become a member of Diggers then you can get the seed pack for free at the moment!

      Delete
  8. Ooh, thanks for the reminder. I bought a tomato bag last year and must buy some soil and tomatoes to get it underway!

    Lovely little flowers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment...

Sophie xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...